Sunday, March 17, 2013

1st Letter!

Dear Family,

I'm here!  I am a full-time missionary!  I just want to tell you about day 1 in my mission.  It's about 10:15pm and we have been non-stop since I showed up.  I first went straight in where they gave us a small packet of important stuff and placed our name tags on us.  Then we met up with a host who showed me my room and other basic stuff.  The Elder gave me my bags before I met my host.  Then I met my teachers, Sister De Boer and Brother Mosley, as well as my companion Sister Ensign and my district.  We have 4 girls all going to Perth, 4 Elders going to Boise, 3 going to Guam and 1 going to New Zealand.  My companion is darling!  I love her already :)  She is from Bountiful and is super cute but very laid back.  She's going to be great.  I've seen Sister Cox, Elder Whitehead and Elder Correy.  Super Fun. 
     We had some good orientation then went to a meeting with the President and his wife.  President & Sister Nally served as mission presidents in Perth!  Crazy right?  It was fun to talk to him.  Then dinner, that was slightly crazy but good.  Then we had workshops teaching real investigators.  It was incredible to feel the spirit in those meetings.  I'm sure I'm leaving things out but I've gotta get to bed.  Love you all so much and just wanted you to know that I am soaking up every minute of being here and wouldn't want to be anywhere else!
    The church is soo so true.  Every bit of it.  I can't wait to keep sharing and letting others know about it.

     Love you!

     Sister  Beckstrand

No comments:

Post a Comment