Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Crazy Happenings

Hi family!

Okay so I don't know how long this email is going to be but I'm going to try and get in as much as possible.  The library where we email only gives us an hour to email.  It's frustrating becuase you don't really ever get the full hour and it kicks you off at the top of the hour whether you send your message or not.  They updated their system this weekend and the computers where still down yesterday (monday) so we are writing today.  My computer is still acting super wierd so I'm waiting for it or someone else to kick me off.  It's really obnoxious and frustrating but I'm thankful that it is here for me even if it's a struggle.  I LOVED reading all of your emails this week.  It nearly brought me to tears to just be able to read through everything.  I'm excited for Jessie and Anna. I totally forgot they were both getting married.  Weird.  It's still weird that they will be married when I get home.  And Nikki.  I'm sad coach Vince is moving.  That really bites but he will do awesome at Westlake.
Mom, you and I were really on the same wavelength on that letter thing.  I read that update from dad last week and wrote a letter and sent it to Bishop about the concerns for the girls yesterday.  I hope it helps. 
Dad, I hope whoever is in charge of the ward list keeps it well updated.  We've biked this whole area to just find out that addresses don't even exist.  I made a special note to have someone check ours at home for the sanity and comfort to help and support the missionaries serving in our ward. 
Soph, I loved your email.  I laughed throug the whole thing and especially at your ps's at the end.  You are great and I can't wait to hear how everything goes this summer.  It's sounds like you are all in for an awesome break! 
Josh! You got an email! Woohoo! That made me happy.  I also want you to start studying Preach My Gospel now.  I'm serious.  It will make your mission so much easier if you know that book forwards and backwards before you start serving your full-tme mission.  I want to hear about those mission calls that you won't tell me.  I don't get emails from any of my boys exept the ones that I email that are already out serving.  (Even then they aren't the best writers haha)
 
Well my spiritual message this week is that prayers really do get answered and humility is key.  The Spirit works differently for everyone and we just have to accept that.  There were a few very specific times this week where I was so stressed/frustrated/confussed that I didn't know what else to do but to pray.  I would go into my room and just pray for humility, guidence and forgiveness.  It is always after those prayers when I am fully relying on Him and His will that we see success and miracles happen.  Turn to the Lord in prayer over anything!  He wants to hear from us and He wants to guide us.  I know that is true from the very depths of my soul. 
 
I pray for you all constantly.  It sounds like all is well and that you are all in for the best summer yet!  I can't wait to hear all of the crazy stories about what happens.  There is so much more I want to share but I think I'm about out of time.  I love you all.  I hope that the appointments we have set for this week work out so that I can share some great success with you next week.  I've been trying to figure out pictures on this darn thing but I either never have time or just can't figure it out.  I promise I'll figure this emailing thing out sooner or later so that you can hear more from me and get pictures.  Until then know that I love you and that I am working hard.  I feel all the prayers that you send my direction.  Tell Ben and David that I love them and to stay out of trouble.  You are the best support a missionary could ask for. 
Keep the faith and have fun doing it :)
All my love,
Sister Shayne
 
P.s. The 3rd is Western Australia Day so my p-day will be on the 5th because the library is closed on the 3rd and the zone leaders where told that p-day will the on wednesday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment