Wednesday, June 5, 2013

What a Week!

Family!!!
 
Man there has been so much that has happened this week.  I printed off Sophie's email to read later.  I had to do that with a couple and I'll respond next week.  I have a couple lessons that I've learned this week that I want to start with.
 
1. Trust your companion.  I've been getting frustrated because she can't read my mind while we are sharing lessons. Haha it's dumb I know but I realized what was wrong.  When we practice for lessons we teach to each other during comp study and then when we go to a lesson we teach together.  We are going to start teaching to pictures during comp study.  I was getting frustrated because I would want her to finish my thoughts but then she would go a different way.  Basically I'm just relying more on the spirit everyday.  If I'm doing what I'm supposed to and trusting that my comp is intune with the spirit as well then whatever we share with the person we are teaching is going to be exactly what they need to hear.
2. Follow spiritual promtings.  One day we had knocked on several doors with no success.  We had an appointment fall through and I could tell Sister Peivi was getting a little discouraged.  She wanted to go get something to eat to just take a break.  We were one street away from a super less active family and so I felt like we should visit them before we do anything else.  We did and it was a major blessing for the family.  The mom, Kelly, does antiquing on furniture and her person who helps her quit on her that morning.  She was actually on the phone crying to a friend about how she was ever going to finish the 5 projects that she had to take care of that day.  She was completely lost when low and behold the sisters knocked on her door :D We ended up painting a huge piece of furniture for her and it was a blast.  She was soo grateful that we stopped by and could help out.  It was awesome! I'm so glad I acted on that promting.
 
A couple things have happened this week that I want to tell you about as well. 
1. We are completeing a challenge from President Lindsay to read 5 pages of the Book of Mormon everyday and highlight everything that mentions Christ or his him speaking.  There are HEAPS of things.  There is no doubt that the Book of Mormon is really another testament of Jesus Christ!  I have learned soo much already from it.  I can't wait until we get to the end and I can look back on the whole book and really see how much I mark everyday.  Elder Cook one of our Zone Leaders called it our "BOM-a-thon". I thought it was a clever title. 
2. We take public transport everywhere! I've never been on a train or bus before coming here.  Even the trax in SLC I don't ever remember riding.  It's been fun.  We just have a card that we scan when we get on and off.  It's so great. 
3.  We were able to be part of a celebration this week called Matariki.  It is basically a Maori New Year.  It was incredibly fun to learn about and be a part of.  The Maori's have an incredible knowledge about their family history and we went around the room and shared somthing about our family history.  I never felt more at home with people that I barely know.  I felt like that hole I felt in my heart those months before I came out was filled.  I finally felt like I was at home.  There were tears as we all shared how much we felt like we really were family.  Bishop mentioned that we are literally family in God's Kindgom.  I loved every mintue of being there.  This ward is awesome and I am glad that I was assigned here first.  It's been a major blessing.
 
Again I'm coming to an end of time with this computer but I love you all.  I wish I could write more.  Good thing I'm keeping a journal as well as these emails, right?  Keep up the faith.  I  pray for you all daily.  I hope summer break is awesome and I can't wait to hear more about it!
 
Much love,
Sister Shayne! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment