Monday, June 10, 2013

Find A Change In You

Family!
Not much has happened in the last couple days since I last wrote you. We've been keeping busy but not any big major things have happened. The best thing that I've had happen to me in the last couple days is that I've noticed a change in myself. I am relying more and more on the Spirit every day. I'm pretty sure I've demolished chapter 4 in PMG. I've prayed harder and more sincere than I ever have before. I'm learning what it means to serve with your all your heart might mind and strength. Most missionaries serve with their whole might and strength. They strive to be diligent and obedient. They find success and make a difference in many peoples lives but they don't make a change in themselves. I've been trying to find the best way to serve with my heart and mind as well. I sing while I'm biking, I recite Scriptures that I want to share with people throughout the day, I think about my investigators entering the waters of baptisms in their all white clothing. I'm striving to find the change in my heart. Seeking for those virtuous, lovely and praiseworthy things at all times and in all things and in all places. It's one thing to say it and think you're doing it and it's another thing to look back at yourself and really evaluate your connection to Heavenly Father. I'm learning the absolute importance of subjecting yourself fully to the will of the Father. Agency is a wonderful thing. Some chose to accept what we have to give and others don't. I just have to keep focused, know that it's all in God's timing, and know that as long as I'm doing what I've been set apart to do in this part of the vineyard that the Lord will do the rest. Missionary work is a beautiful thing. I've learned more humility in 3 months than I have in the last 19.5 years of life. I wouldn't trade this opportunity to serve for anything else in the world. I continually encourage all to serve a mission. If you are worthy and willing the world needs us to share what we hold dear to our hearts. I'm so glad to hear that all is well at home. I've loved hearing about Youth Conference. Sophie's email made me cry. I love that the Spirit can be felt everywhere in the world. Utah, Australia, and everywhere in between. The gospel is true. We know it and we need to share it. I love you all and can't wait to hear more about summer activities. Keep the faith!
Much love,
Sister Shayne
PS. Mom that email about Chase was awesome! I'm so happy for him! That is the perfect thing for him to do. Let him know I'm stoked for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment