Sunday, December 29, 2013

Brother and Sister Baker

The following were a couple emails that we received 
from the Bakers in Australia.
 
 
 
Dear Joel, Penny, Elizabeth and Rick, 
 
Fondest greetings from the most remote mission on earth, indeed the "ends of
the earth"... see D&C122:1 :)  
 
Trish and I were delighted to have your beautiful daughters in our home
tonight for dinner. What beautiful young women they are ! and a true credit
to their parents.  
 
We enjoyed getting to know them both just a little more. I am President
Bruce Lindsay's exec sec, so I have the opportunity to mix with many of the
missionaries, it is a real joy for Trish and me. 
 
It was obvious that Sister Terry enjoys the fine arts and craft and we
really enjoyed getting to know a little more about the Beckstrand family.
Penny has Scottish roots,  and Joel is from a family of 10 siblings who are
mostly all athletes   :)  
 
Of course I was most interested that Rick works for IBM  !  I had 23 years
with IBM in both marketing and management ( 16 Clubs & 4 Golden Circles Rick
:) -  says he humbly  :)   It was obvious that Elizabeth was a very special
person in Sister Terry's life too  :)  
 
Please pass on our love and gratitude to your extended families,  we confirm
just how great your girls are, and how blessed we feel to have them both
working in our ward.  You can tell that they love each other, and are a lot
of fun to be around. 
 
Fondest regards,  PHIL & TRISH BAKER  




Dear Terry’s and Beckstrand’s, 

Just wondered if you might enjoy some additional  items from Perth WA.   

I was invited to keynote the Bruce R McConkie 1961-64 missionary reunion last April  in Salt  Lake  -  my address was edited and submitted to the Meridian magazine by one of the attendees.    It was a special time for me , the 50th anniversary of my baptism. Trish was teaching school, so my cousin accompanied me, his first visit to Utah.


The photo shows the Mission Presidency and our Mission Branch Presidents, who were attending the annual BP’s training seminar in 2012.  (I am holding the baby – as usual  J  )   Sitting next to President Lindsay is Elder Peter Meurs, our AA/70 .     Terry’s , Peter and Maxine  &  Trish and I walked the Cotswolds 2 years ago,  very dear friends.    -  PHIL

No comments:

Post a Comment