Sunday, December 22, 2013

Christmas Miracles!!! Part 1 Kwinana Sister Training Leaders‏

This week we had the awesome opportunity to have Sister Ensign and Sister Bailey come spend a few days with us.  They are our Sister Training Leaders!  I was soo excited when I heard that those two of all sisters were the ones that would come out to exchange with us.  Well they arrived last Monday at about 3pm.  We had some great lessons that night.  I was with Sister Bailey and Sister Vaiula went with Sister Ensign.  As soon as they stepped off the train I felt a different spirit.  I knew that some miracles were about to take place but I couldn't have anticipated what actually came from it. 

On Tuesday Sister Ensign and I went to visit a young mum named Christie.  We tracted into Christie a few weeks ago and she said she had no belief in God or Christ.  We decided to go back and teach her the Plan of Salvation.  She let us in and listened.  We got to Christ's Atonement and asked her, "Christie how does that make you feel to know that Christ went through all of that for you?"  She just started crying and said, "I know I'm not alone."  She opened up to us about just coming out of an abusive relationship where the guy left her for someone else.  She has 3 kids.  A 7,5, and 3 year old.  Her kids are darling and super well behaved.  We talked about how we all have choices that we make and she mentioned how she feels like she has made a lot of stupid choices in her life.  We taught about repentance and she got really quiet.  She said, "That is what I need to do.  I can feel it."  We talked about the Spirit she was feeling and how she can be cleansed from everything.  We invited her to follow Christ and be baptized and she said yes!  She is on date for the 25th of January!  It was amazing.  I just got in the car and teared up as I offered a prayer of thanks for giving us the opportunity to help Christie.
 
 
 
Later that night Sister Bailey and I were able to go visit the White family.  Remember last week how I said Sister White came up to us at the Broadcast and said that they wanted Emma their 10 year old to be baptized on he 24th?  Well we had dinner with them and went through the baptismal questions with Emma.  She is a brilliant little girl.  I am just blown away at how prepared she was to be baptized.  While we sat and ate we made a program for her baptism.  We set up an interview for Luke, Emma's dad, with Bishop and called the Ward Mission Leader Brother Timu and told him that we are having a baptism on Sunday the 22nd.  Everyone was blown away and planning went into full force.  I'll finish this story later.  But miracle number two was that we had set another person on date to be baptized. 
Then Sister Bailey and I went with Brother Ben Klemasz to visit Lemuel and Madyson Tipene.  Mady is another 9 year old in the ward that wants to be baptized but because of her family going less-active for a bit wasn't able to when she was 8.  With Sister Bailey there we got down to business.  The only reason Mady isn't working towards a baptismal date is because Lem is waiting for his dad to come over from NZ.  Well we had him call his sister right then and ask when Pop has booked his flight.  She said that he flies in on the 5th of February.  We looked at Mady and said, "Do you want to be baptized on Saturday or Sunday morning before church?"  She looked at us with a big ol' smile on her face and said, "Sunday!"  Done and dusted.  She will be baptized by Pop Tipene on the 9th of February. 

3 baptismal dates set in one day!  Not to mention that as we went throughout the rest of our day we found 4 new investigators that were interested and willing to have us back to teach them more.  After we correlated all of this good news to the District Leader I just looked at Sister Bailey and just cried.  I thanked them for coming.  It was just exactly what we needed.  Sister Bailey was able to help me get my feet on the ground out here.  I'm so grateful that she was able to come back out here and help me more fully understand the area and the people here.  My heart was just so full of gratitude for the miracles, the sisters, the Spirit, and for the wonderful blessing it was to acknowledge the Lord's hand in all of it. 

Before bed that night I read the Cajun Night Before Christmas (found the words online) to the Sisters.  They loved it!  Sister Bailey asked me to slow down and not use so much of an accent because she was struggling to understand.  I told her that that was how I felt talking to the Aussies my first couple of days here.  It was one of the best days I've had yet on my mission.    So this week it hit over 40 degrees.  Which for you that use Fahrenheit we hit somewhere between 104-108 degrees last Tuesday and Wednesday.  Then came Thursday.  Wednesday night there was a big storm that rolled in and it rained and rained and rained.  Thursday and Friday the temp dropped to about 15 degrees (59 F).  It was a nice little change of weather.  Here are some pictures of the storm clouds and sunset on Wednesday and the rain on Thursday.  I couldn't help but bust out singing, "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!" It's going to be hot again before Christmas but it was nice being able to put a sweatshirt on and wrap up in a blanket.   
 
 
 

Christmas Miracles Part 2: Presents‏

Our fridge broke this week.  It just decided to stop working.  We called up Brother Jordan over cars and flats and told him our predicament.  He made a phone call to a shop up here and called us back.   He said, "Hello Sisters it's Santa Clause here  I  just bought yous a new fridge and they will be delivering it tomorrow!"  We were pretty happy when we got something to keep food and water cold again.  The man even installed it for us and took the old fridge outside for us.  That was a pretty great present for Christmas.

This is our Christmas tree in Kalgoorlie.  I drew it the other day :)  These are our packages.  The white ones are mine.  The brown ones are Sister Vaiula's.  Just a funny coincidence.  The big brown one is addressed to both of us.  We have been really tempted to open them but we have been good and kept them sealed until Christmas morning :) 
  We went out to the Super Pit for lunch while the Sisters where here.  It's massive and amazing.  We also placed a Book of Mormon with a man from over seas. I don't remember where he is from but he speaks Danish.  We taught a mini restoration lesson with him and gave him a Book of Mormon to read on his travels.  
This is the digger.  The machines here are insanely massive.
I took a lot of pictures but these are just a glimpse of how awesome the Super Pit is.    

 

Christmas Miracle Part 3: Emma's Baptism!‏

We had an amazing Christmas miracles yesterday morning starting at 6:30am.  We arrived to the chapel and the first thing we heard when we walked in was water running in the font.  That is one of the most beautiful sounds in the world. Darling little Emma May White was baptized and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at 8am.  It was such a beautiful baptism.  She honestly will be the biggest support to her family.  She will make an amazing missionary in 10 years time.  She has had this perma-grin on her face for the last week.  We started the baptismal service, Elder Battye and I spoke and then we went to watch the baptism.  When Emma came out of the water she just hugged her dad and wouldn't let go.  There wasn't a dry eye in the room.  Everyone was hit by the Spirit.  Then she was confirmed by Koko (grandpa in Moari) in sacrament meeting.  It was such a spiritual meeting.  Luke's mum is visiting and she isn't a member so it was really nice to have her at the baptism.  Sister White said that she will have us over a couple of times while Nan is in town so we can use it as a teaching experience.  I'm excited to see how this family will continue to be blessed by Emma's faith and strength.  I love this little girl.  I couldn't help but think, "This is what this gospel is all about."  While she hugged her dad in the font.  I love that families can be together forever.  
 
 
 
I'm soo excited to talk to you all on Skype in just a few days!  I love you all :)   Have a very Merry Christmas! 
Much love, 
Sister Shayne 
Luke 2: 8-14 :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment