Sunday, June 22, 2014

Another week come and gone‏

Hey there everyone! 
I feel like I just emailed you!  This last week was all jumbled up and yet one of the best weeks in a long long time!  
 
Monday our p-day was cut short.  We didn't complain too much.  We emailed and then got on our way to proselyting again by 1pm. 

Tuesday we had an amazing lesson with Sister James and her daughter Mel.  We talked about temples and showed them tons of pictures from one of the special Ensign editions of the Temple.  The spirit was soo strong as we shared with them the blessings that could come from their family.  Sister James felt inspired to show us a song that she loves all about the temple.  We watched a little video that went along with the song and we were all in tears.  I love having lessons where the spirit hits you so strong that you can't deny that it is in the room.  When we went home Sister Tomaki and I just sat and talked about our testimonies of the temple and how blessed we are to be a part of this gospel.  Not only that but the added blessings and knowledge that comes from being able to go to the temple and help in the Lord's work for those that have passed on.  There is incredible power that comes from the temple. 

Wednesday we woke up and studied and then drove to pick up the Kwinana Sisters, Sister Brown and Sister Ama.  We knew our temple session for our zone of missionaries started at 2pm.  We had been told to be there at least 30 minutes early.  We still had family names that needed the initiatories done so we left super early to see if they would let us squeeze them in before the session started.  The temple matron Sister Meredith is amazing.  She looked at the time and said, "You have about 2 names each to do?  Well we have 45 minutes before our prayer meeting.  Let's grab some workers and get those names through so that you can take them through the session."  I can't adequately describe how much I needed this temple trip.  Usually missionaries only get to do a temple session.  We don't do anything else.  Being able to take a family member all the way through the ordinances of the temple was a sacred experience and blessing that I will cherish for a long time.  I was grateful for the opportunity to be reminded of the promises that I've made with Heavenly Father.  The promised blessings that come to those who are faithful to their promises is greater than anything you can think of.   I wouldn't trade those moments and experiences to have the Spirit testify to me for the world.  While we were sitting in the Celestial Room I walked over to Sister Tomaki and just gave her the biggest hug.  She had completed work for her grandmother, grandfather and both sets of great-grandparents on that side with the help of ward members and other missionaries.  I told her the same thing that mum told me when I went through for the first time.  I said, "Sister Tomaki, the feeling that you feel right now is exactly what it will feel like when you get to see those family members after this life.  They are soo grateful for the work that you just did."  She just smiled and cried.  It was wonderful.  Then I sat on the other side of the room and looked at all 26 or so missionaries that were in that room.  That is God's Army.  It's a beautiful sight to see Elders walking in the streets and knocking doors but it's something else when you see them in humble prayer in the house of the Lord.  Again these are things that I feel more than I can express but I hope you can catch a glimpse of heaven that I saw.  If you don't have a current temple recommend, get one.  No matter what it takes.  It is worth any sacrifice you may need to give to have that opportunity to enter in to the Lord's house and receive all that He has in store for you. 
 
I read a talk this week from Elder Holland called, Because of your Faith.  It was his October 2010 General Conference address.  I highly recommend it. 

I was touched this week by a comment about the American accent.  Usually I just get made fun of for having an American accent.  Since I've had to teach Sister Tomaki English any and all of the Aussie that I tried to pick up has gone away.  The other day however we visited with Sister Dreissen and she said something that really touched my heart.  We were talking about accents and I said how earlier in the week someone had said something negative about Americans (that happens quite a lot) and she said, "This may sound weird but the American accent is one that I crave to hear.  When we lived in South Africa most of the missionaries that came through our house were American Elders.  Now when I hear that accent I know that everything is going to be okay.  The missionaries are here which means that everything for right now is safe."  We've heard all kinds of stories and seen lots of pictures from this family about South Africa.  I was humbled to hear her say that.  I never really thought about how much peace just having a missionary in your home can bring.  It gave me a greater understanding of my calling and effect that I can have to members and nonmembers alike while being here.

Miracle of the week:
BROTHER MUTU CAME TO CHURCH!  Nobody knew why he decided to come but last week he told his family that he was thinking about coming with them to church and he came!  All day yesterday I was thinking about their family and how a simple things like having him come to church was a blessing in our lives.  I felt so good.  I could have given him a hug when I saw him but I refrained.  As I was thinking about the fact that him came to church while eating dinner I looked at Sister Tomaki and said, "I don't know why I'm so surprised that he came.  I did put his name in the temple this last week."  My faith was so strengthened by the power of the temple this week.  I wish I could just live in those moments forever.    
The last thing I wanted to share was a scripture that was shared in Sacrament meeting yesterday.  It applies to every part of life.  Look up D&C 35:13 and see how it applies to you.  No matter what we may feel weak in we can overcome that obstacle by staying close to the Savior and relying on the Holy Ghost.  I love how when you are striving to do the right thing Heavenly Father seems to reach out to you more.  By putting someone else in your path to just say hi, give you a hug, or share a scripture that you need to hear.  It's simply amazing.  I hope you are all doing well.  I love hearing about the swim meets and other cool things that you are all doing.  I love you all heaps! Thanks for your prayers and love.

Much love,
Sister Shayne


Mosiah
Chapter 15 Want to konw about Christ?  Read this.
17:9-10, 20  This is why he is my hero!
17:11-12  What kind of friends do you surround yourself with?  Do they help you follow the spirit or do they peer pressure you into making the wrong choice?
18:8-9 This is the baptismal covenant
19:17, 26-29  With King Noah being as wicked as he was and then for Limhi to be as righteous as he was even though he knew how bad his dad was I can't help but assume that he had a really righteous mother.  She probably tucked him in to bed at night saying things like, "Don't listen to dad.  Lets just read our scriptures and say our prayers." 
20:14-16 One misunderstanding brought forth a major battle.
24:11-16 Power of prayer
26:33 What do you do with your answers to your prayers?
27:25  This is proof that God is the same around the world.  See John 3:5
27:36-37 Instruments to publish peace!
28:3 Is that how we feel about the people around us?
Alma
 1:25 Trials will come.  We can't change that.  We just need to keep the commandments and be patient and all will be fine. 





We have officially hit winter.  The storms this week have been insane!  These are just some photos from our front yard.  I was postponing driving in the storm so I took some photos of what was going on.  We had a small swimming pool in our front yard.
 























No comments:

Post a Comment