Sunday, June 15, 2014

The Week Flies By

Hey there!
It seems like every week seems to be going by faster and faster.  I'm really not okay with that.  This email will be just a lot of random thoughts that came about this week.

First, I miss central heating.  These little heaters in our flat don't cut it.  Once the sun goes down here it is absolutely freezing.  A member gave us a great heater a few days ago after a lesson that we had with them.  It was a major blessing.  It keeps us plenty warn while we sleep. 

Next, this week we got home at 9pm and I said a prayer to start our daily planning for the next day.  After I said amen Sister Tomaki got up and went into the other room.  I just thought she needed to use the bathroom or something but then she came back like 4 minutes later and put the kettle on.  I turned around and looked at her.  She was in her pajamas.  I said, "Hey we need to plan!"  She looked at me and just ran into the other room and changed back into her proselyting clothes.  She came back super embarrassed.  I just laughed and laughed.  You know it's been a long day when you think that the opening prayer is the closing prayer.   She looked at me and said, "Don't email mum again!"  Therefore I had to email you.  I don't think I ever emailed you our last awkward moment so I'm going to put that in here too.  A few weeks ago we experienced that awkward moment when your personal study opening prayer turns into a companionship study opening prayer.  I knelt down after church to start my personal study and Sister Tomaki kneels down and starts a vocal prayer to open a companionship study.  I just rolled with it for like 3 minutes after her prayer and then asked her if we were going to do personal study.  She got soooo embarrassed. I just laughed.  I couldn't help it.  It was hilarious! She's a good sport.  She just laughs and says that she's glad that she is getting all of her mess ups out of the way before she gets a new companion.  She was also reading a scripture to me this week and messed up the words.  It was 1 Timothy 4:12 and instead of saying "in charity" she said "in chastity."  Another good laugh.  :)

I finally got in to see the Chiropractor.  I saw him last Monday.  He did a whole bunch of funny tests and then he assessed my back.  He got about half way down my spine and then said, "What the hell?"  (That's not a swear word here).  I figured that wasn't a good sign.  He adjusted me and then told me to come back on Wednesday.  I went back on Wednesday and Alex Mutu adjusted me.  She and Brother Joyce work together.  Then Alex told me to come back today.  Today is a short p-day because we are going to the temple on Wednesday to do a temple session!  I'm excited.  It's been too long.  My body feels a lot better.  I'm grateful for physical strength and this week we will be given much spiritual strength as well. 

I love going to church.  Some weeks we have investigators come and sometimes we don't.  This week was a week where they didn't come.  We had a member of the Stake High Council speak as well as President Stanley the Stake President.  I just wanted to share a little bit from their talks.   I was spiritually fed and I hope someone else can benefit from their messages as well.  Brother Port said, " Prayers are usually answered in three ways.  #1 A yes, peace, comfort, etc. #2 A no or a stupor of thought.  #3 Nothing at all.  When it is the third situation heavenly Father trusts us to make the correct choice.  If we stay close to Him and the Spirit then you can trust in the Lord's judgement and trust He as placed in you."  We also can't just pray and say, "What should I do?"  We need to come ready to act.  We should come with things like this, "I am planning on taking this course Heavenly Father please confirm that this is in harmony with your will for me or help me realize that I need to change course.  Then we must act and He will help us know if we have made the right choice. 

President Stanley talked about the Atonement.  He said, "Take the miracles out of Judaism, the Islamic religion, or Buddhism and nothing major in their religion would change.  Christianity however is based upon the greatest miracle of all, the Atonement.  Take away that and we have nothing.   With the increased vision that we have also comes increased motivation to do what God expects us to do."  I'm so grateful for the atonement and for the eternal perspective that we have in the church.  It is such a major blessing.  I love you all and miss you heaps.  I'm praying for you always and hope you have a spectacular week! 

Much love,
Sister Shayne

Mosiah
2:8 First General Conference Ensign
2:36 Don't be this person
2:41 Never-ending happiness :)
3:17 Only Christ can save us.  How well do you know Him?  How can you improve that relationship?
ALL OF CHAPTER 3  Beautiful prophesies of Christ.
4:6-10 Salvation comes only through Christ
5:7 Everything in the gospel is between you and God.
6:1 We are a record keeping people
7:33 Trust in God
10:17 What are you teaching your kids?
13:3,9 But if not!  Abinadi is the man.  If he would have denied his testimony then the Book of Mormon would have ended here.  How can sharing your testimony effect someone around you?
14:1-5 This book is truly another testament of Jesus Christ. 


This is the only picture that was taken with my camera this week haha  I love Aeronny :) hahahaha!  This is a Macca's (McDonalds) chocolate frappe.

 
Oh and this one for Sloan.  A sign that somewhere in the world someone needs him.  ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment