Monday, July 1, 2013

Missionary Work!

Hi there!
The last couple days have been crazy. On friday we had a meeting at the mission home with all of the Zone Leaders and Sister Training Leaders. We went over goals from this last month, goals for the upcoming month, roles of the Sister Trainer Leaders, and how to become master planners in this work. It was a good 5 hour meeting that got us really set up for a good month ahead. As STL Sister Ensign and I are to arrange exchanges among the sisters in our Zone. We basically do everything the Zone leaders do but with the Sisters since there are so many in every mission now and Sisters and Elders obviously can't do exchanges together. It will be a great opportunity to meet more sisters and help instruct them on what President and the Assistants know we need to improve on as missionaries in the APM.  
I know I mentioned our goal for our district to really reach out and find new investigators this week. We set a goal of getting 21 new investigators as a district. At first some of the missionaries didn't think it was doable. 3 of our companionships though, us the Zone Leaders and the District leader were NOT going to let the fire and excitement of getting new people to teach dwindle in our fellow missionaries. Sister Ensign and I set a goal of 2 at the beginning of the week. At District meeting we decided we could do better than that and raised it to 4. We reached our goal of 4 on Saturday night and then Sunday before church we follwed up on a couple that other missionaries tracted into and they invited us back to teach them more as well! We reached 6 new investigators in one week! We know that it only happened because we were trying our absolute hardest to be doing exactly what the Lord needed us to be doing. We also opened our mouths and talked to everyone that God put in our path. It's amazing. In Jacob it says that as the servants of the Lord worked diligently He is there working with them. I know that is true for a fact!
As Zones we set goals to hit a certain number of each key indicator every week. I know that doesn't make a lot of sense to you probably but I'll explain. We have 5 zones and we try to reach 5 baptisms a month in our mission. Our zone, North Coast Zone, had 8 baptisms this last month. So because we exceeded our goal we are being treated to lunch by President and his wife. The Dianella Zone got lunch last month for exceededing their goal as well. The work is definitely moving forward!
Speaking of work moving forward! Mom and Dad did you get to see the World wide leadership broadcast? We saw it last night since we are so off of Utah time but it was amazing! The perfect unity described between Bishops, Ward Mission Leaders, Full-time missionaries, and members was remarkable. I loved how clearly the purpose of each person was depicted. I couldn't help but think of Josh, Ben, and David when I heard the little kids sing, "I hope they call me on a mission when I have grown a foot or two!" It brought be to tears. I know that you three are going to be incredible missionaries in the future and that your friends look up to you to be a good example. You have always made me want to be a better big sister and definitely a better missionary out her in Australia. (P.S. I can't wait to hear about how Lehi was! I hope you had a fun time!) Soph, Josh, never stop going to the temple and taking friends with you. Your example will touch so many lives. I've heard lot of stories from missionaries here in Australia that are only here because of their friends. I cant help but think of all the good friends that I surrounded myself with growing up and now the friends that you put ourselves around. It makes a world of difference. One of my favorite quotes from the broadcast was, "When you invite someone to learn more about the gospel out of love for them and love or our Savoir Jesus Christ, the person will never take it offensively." We just have to have, "faith coupled with action and crowned with testimony". I love missionary work. I know that the work I am doing now will change who I am as a member when I return home. The rising generation is stronger than we can ever imagine. Love is our greatest strength. We share the gospel because we love the Savior who provided the way for us to return to our Heavenly Father. We share the gospel because we have a love and testimony of it and how it blesses and strengthens our lives. We share the gospel because we love those around us enough to tell them about Heavenly Fathers love and plan for each and every one of them. I love being a missionary. I love the gospel of Jesus Christ. I love and miss all of you. Hope your summer is awesome and that all is well. I pray for you everyday.
Here's another picture of the temple.
The other is Sister Ensign and Malad. He wanted a picture of the temple so we brought him one and he framed it and hung it in their living room :)
Much love,
Sister Shayne

No comments:

Post a Comment