Sunday, September 14, 2014

18 months :)‏

Hey everyone!
 
This week was again gone in the blink of an eye.  I feel like last
monday was forever ago though!  Saturday marked me being out for
exactly 18 months :)  What a crazy realization that was.   Well last
Monday we went and hung out with our zone.  We won a mission wide
challenge so the Assistants came and threw a zone p-day for us.  It
was kinda lame but the best part was a massive game of tug-a-war.
They brought this huge rope and we lined up.  We ended up doing the
Mandurah District plus Nikau and the Assistants vs the other 2
districts in our zone.  We won.  We were pretty stoked haha.  We
aren't competitive at all. :)
This week we went and studied with the Sisters in Waikiki.  It was
great.  We all did our own thing for personal study and then when it
came to companionship study it was just opened up for everyone to
share what they learned.  Then we asked them about the people in their
area.  They shared with us their concerns and the trials they are
facing with getting the work moving there.  We went through nearly all
of their people and gave suggestions and left them with commitments
to do with these people.  It was so fun to see the two sisters just
absorbing each and every word that came out of our mouths.  I don't
feel worthy to have that kind of admiration but it's cool to be the
senior sisters of the mission.  I feel like in many ways I've just got
the hang of it all but then seeing these new sisters just helps me see
that I've become someone far greater than I ever imagined I would.
We joined the Mutu painting crew this week and helped paint Ally's new
house.  Brother Mutu has his own painting business that Jordy and
Sione both work for.  Sione will probably take it over when dad
retires.  We all went to Ally's new house and got to work.  Manaia
gave us each a small bucket of paint and told us what to do.  I was in
charge of painting the bottom of all of the walls throughout the
house.  I just started and then Manaia brought me kneepads so that I
didn't kill my knees.  Later when mum showed up she looked at me and
said, "where did you get the kneepads?"  I told her that Manaia gave
them to me and she said, "He's never given me the kneepads!"  I just
smiled and said, "I'm telling you, secretly I'm his favourite!"  :)
Saturday was a day full of service!   We woke up and met the Elders at
a less active lady's home in Mandurah to help her move.  It was a
pretty easy move.  Since we were down those ways Aeronny took us out
for lunch and then we went and did some spring cleaning at her house.
Grandma was saying that Aeronny was supposed to clean out the garage
but took us to lunch instead.  I jumped up and headed straight for the
garage.  One hour later we had a very clean and organized garage, a
freshly mowed lawn and no weeds along the edges!  I felt pretty useful.
Then we headed to the Mutu's.  We helped mum plant a veggie garden in
the back.  While we were out there with Ally she said, "The
landscapers are coming to my house this next week.  I need to get rid
of the weeds before they come."  I just looked at her and said, "Let's
go!"  and we did!  haha I love being able to serve!  That's what I was
called to do!  Called to Serve :)
Sunday was great.  Church was fantastic.  Our speakers in sacrament
meeting bore powerful testimonies about the Book of Mormon.  We had
dinner at the Mutu's.  Mum and dad left this morning to go on a cruise
and won't be back until the 25th.  We just enjoyed each others company
and had a good night.  When it was time for us to go there were a lot
of tears shed.   We got photos of course.  I was picked to say the
closing prayer and struggled to not let tears fall.  Sister Mutu gave
me a big long hug and we just cried.  I'm going to miss her.  Trips
are being planned to see each other soon!  Then I went back into the
lounge to shake Manaia's hand.  I had tears running down my face and
he got up and gave me a big hug too.  So much love in that home.  It's
going to be hard to say good-bye to the rest of them next week.  I
know I'll always have a home here in Perth to come to.
I hope this is a good week for everyone!  Know that I am praying for
you always and I'm super excited to see you all next week!  :)  Keep
smiling.
Much love,
Sister Shayne
 
3 Nephi
26:10 Tia Greentree once told me that you must believe to receive.
How true is that here.
26:19-21 Wouldn't that be nice?
27:5 The name of Christ.  The church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
27:20-21 Repent, be baptized, receive the Holy Ghost.  That is the
gospel.  We just need to do it and then endure to the end!
All of chapter 27 actually is great!
Chapter 28.  I admire the dedication and diligence of the 3 Nephites
to want to continue the Lord's work always.
Chapter 30 speaks a commandment for all of us
 
4 Nephi
1:15 Love can overcome anything
1:35 In just one chapter a lot happens.  It covers many hundreds of
years but look how quickly they fell away just because they gave in to
whatever Satan dropped in their path.  I've seen this happen to too
many members and return missionaries.  The answer to anything that
ails you is Jesus Christ and His gospel.
 
 Photos :)
 
                              Me and the Mutus








Faiva, me, and the Mutus


 
Funny face.  Just cuz we could :)


       

No comments:

Post a Comment